Veneers – Mount Pleasant, SC
When you envision your perfect smile, you probably don’t imagine any chips, stains, noticeable spaces, or crooked teeth. All of these imperfections can hurt your self-esteem when it comes to the appearance of your teeth, but luckily, we can address all of these issues at once with the veneers. Are you looking to make some extensive changes to your smile? Set up a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Gregory today and learn how we can use veneers from our Mt. Pleasant, SC cosmetic dentist to make the smile improvements you want.
Why Choose Virginia Gregory, DMD for Veneers?
- Dental Porcelain and Composite Available
- Dentist with Decades of Experience
What are Veneers?
Since they need to resemble real teeth as much as possible, veneers are made out of high-quality dental porcelain. They fit in place over one or more natural teeth, correcting several cosmetic flaws at once for a comprehensive, confident result. They're also highly durable and resist staining more successfully than tooth enamel! With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers can last for decades. In certain situations, Dr. Gregory may also recommend no-prep veneers, which are more cost-effective and can be placed on a quicker timeframe.
Are Veneers Right for You?
If you don’t like your smile, veneers can give you total confidence in your smile and presentation. With veneers, Dr. Gregory can create a perfect smile design for you and brighten your smile to any shade you choose. With proper care, veneers can last 20 years or more! Don’t live a life hiding your smile or covering your teeth. With veneers, Dr. Gregory can change your life.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
You should understand the cost of veneers in Mount Pleasant before you can determine whether they are the best option for you. By choosing the right dentist and investing in quality veneers, you can achieve a smile that’s ready for the big screen, but you should ensure that this is the service that can best help you meet your needs. When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, there are all sorts of options out there, so by doing your research, you can make an informed decision about your pearly whites.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
At first look, veneers may seem like the most ideal option out there, but you should take a look at the other treatments available to learn how each one can affect your smile. They are all different cost points and are able to help patients achieve different, beautiful results. Here are just some of the more common cosmetic options out there so you can confirm which one can best help you attain the smile of your dreams:
- Invisalign – If you’re unhappy with your smile thanks to misalignment issues, you may find that Invisalign can straighten your smile and benefit your oral health best. This treatment will cost several thousands of dollars overall, but it is an excellent choice when it comes to aligning your smile. However, Invisalign doesn’t help with recoloring or reshaping of the teeth.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is a quick and effective solution to surface discoloration and staining. This treatment is considerably more affordable than other cosmetic options, but it’s unable to address aesthetic flaws other than discoloration. Results will last anywhere from a couple month to a few years depending on how well you care for them. Touch-up treatments can help you to maintain your beautiful pearly whites.
- Direct Bonding – This minimally invasive procedure can usually be completed in a single appointment and is one of the most affordable cosmetic options out there. If your flaws are minor, like small chips and stains, this cold be the simple solution you’ve been hoping for. Bonding can last anywhere from 3 to 10 years or longer before needing to be touched up or replaced.
- Veneers – Veneers certainly aren’t the cheapest cosmetic service available, but it is the easiest way to transform most aspects of your smile, include the shape, color, and minor misalignment issues. This can all be completed in just a few appointments and can last upwards of a decade with proper maintenance.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Veneers aren’t usually covered by dental insurance because they are a cosmetic treatment. However, this doesn’t mean that you are completely out-of-luck. We work with CareCredit , a third-party financer, to help make paying for your treatment easier. A low to no interest CareCredit plan allows you to pay for dental care in smaller monthly installments. This way, you can make over your smile without stressing over the cost.
Schedule a consultation with us to learn more about what veneers will cost for your unique case. We are looking forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!
If you’re not 100% satisfied with the teeth you see smiling back at you in the mirror, veneers are a great way to change that. Even if you’re ready to transform your pearly whites and boost your confidence with this versatile treatment, you might still have a few questions before you’re ready to fully commit to getting veneers. With that in mind, we’ve included the answers to a handful of frequently asked questions about veneers below.
How many veneers will I need?
It’s possible to receive a veneer on a single tooth if it has a significant flaw and you’re fine with the way that the rest of your teeth look. However, Dr. Gregory highly recommends getting an even number of veneers. In her decades of experience as a cosmetic dentist in Mount Pleasant, she has noticed that patients are generally more satisfied with their results when they receive enough veneers to cover all of the teeth that are noticeable in the smile. Most patients require six or eight veneers to meet this goal, while some may need as many as 10 or 12. Dr. Gregory will discuss your concerns and evaluate your grin to determine the ideal number of veneers you need to make your dream smile within reach.
Is there anyone who shouldn’t get veneers?
As versatile as the treatment is, not everyone makes a good candidate for veneers. Certain issues can interfere with the veneers process:
- If the tooth in question is suffering from decay or other structural damage, it should not have a veneer placed on it until the problem is treated. Otherwise, the issue could worsen underneath the veneer and become more difficult to treat.
- If the gums are swollen or bleeding due to gum disease, the impressions won’t be accurate, and the veneers won’t fit correctly. Receding gums could also expose the veneer’s margins.
- Bruxism (chronic teeth grinding) should be addressed before placing veneers, as the force could cause the veneers to crack, weaken, or fall off.
How long do veneers last?
The average lifespan of veneers in Mount Pleasant is 10 to 15 years, but they can last for 20+ years with excellent oral health and hygiene. Veneer failure most often occurs as a result of the underlying tooth becoming weak, fractured, or decayed. In order for your veneers to last as long as possible, the teeth supporting them must remain strong and healthy. To that end, avoid biting down on hard objects and grinding your teeth. Also, make sure to regularly brush, floss, and visit Dr. Gregory for checkups!
Is it painful to get veneers?
Typically, we’ll numb your mouth before placing veneers, so you shouldn’t have to worry about pain during the procedure. You may, however, experience mild sensitivity and/or soreness for a few days after your veneers are placed, particularly if you received a large number of veneers at the same time. Keep in mind that this discomfort is only temporary. Until it subsides, take over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen as needed.
Smile Makeover Consultation Redeem Offer